The Chief Customer Officer role…
Is emerging, but the most strategic CCOs are focused on engaging “connected customers” whose experience often unfolds in digital public. CCOs often create “customer success” departments, which plays on the front lines of this shift: customer success strategy and processes are grounded in customers’ outcomes of using products and services.
One of the strongest symptoms of our post-product economy is that products and services commoditize very quickly, and pressure of prices is relentlessly downward. Markets bifurcate into the price leader (Walmart, Amazon) or the experience leader (Apple). Meanwhile, enterprises’ operations are islands of automation that are “integrated” together
Customer experience is continuous and free, but only when you know where to find it and how to interact with people, so you increase trust and preference and profit.
Chief Customer Officer Reference Posts
The must-read list. These are the best posts on CCOs, customer success, and customer transformation I’ve found. Annotated to save you time.
- Jeanne Bliss has been in the trenches in automotive, real estate, hightech and more, and she authors an excellent CX/CCO blog. Select posts=> 10 Aptitudes of CCOs + 6 Critical Checkpoints + More and books: Chief Customer Officer (2004) and Chief Customer Officer 2.0 (20146
- Economist Intelligence Unit Report on the value of customer experience
- Curtis Bingham founded the CCO Council. Select posts=> Impact of the CCO + CCO Roadmap + CCO NOT an Advocate
- The extent of the challenge, as reported by CCMC=> The Sad State of Customer Care [study]
- 50 customer experience blogs (annotated list of leading voices)
CCO Roles and Careers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Even more CCO career posts